Urban Adventure Tours

Top 10 Things You Cannot Fly Without



More often than not when you're running to catch a flight, something is in the back of your head telling you forgot an important item. As long as it's not your passport then you should be okay, but there are a number of items you can bring on a flight with you to make it a more pleasurable and comfortable experience. There are a few items that I just cannot survive without when taking a long distance flight. I'd advise using some of these with you if you want to have a relaxing flight.
Flight socks. Most airlines will provide you with flight socks if you're on a particularly long haul flight, however there are also airlines that will sell them to you. Save yourself a few bob and invest in a pair of good warm tight socks, these will keep your tootsies warm and will ensure the circulation in your legs is not affected by such a long flight.
Earplugs. A must have for any flight, short or long distance. Many is the time when I have sat on a plane surrounded by snorers and crying babies. Now I know it's not their fault, and I'm sure mothers everywhere will agree with me when they say there's nothing you can do with a crying baby. However a pair of earplugs keeps everyone happy.
Hard or boiled sweets. If like me your ears suffer during takeoff and landing, then taking a tin of hard sweets with you to suck on can turn a nightmare into quite a pleasant experience. Suck on a sweet as the plane is taking off and this will ease the pressure on your eardrums, likewise during descent.
Airfares upto 60% offA fully charged phone. There is nothing worse than reaching your destination and realising that the battery in your mobile phone is dead. Fully charge your phone the night before your flight leaves and always bring a charger with you.
A good book. This is my must have item for any flight; a good book will help you to while away the hours on a long distance journey. If you're not a big reader, then perhaps bring a puzzle book instead, it keeps the mind occupied and will tire you out enough to get a bit of a sleep while on board.
MP3 Player and headphones. Listening to your favourite tunes while on board is a great way to relax and unwind and for those who aren't too fond of flying, it will take your mind off your surroundings. Again make sure it's full charged before embarking.
An Eyemask. Essential for getting those well deserved forty winks. Try to invest in a good eyemask that will block out all the light, pop in your earplugs and you will be in the land of nod before you know it!
Comfortable clothes. Comfort is the number one factor when flying, chose your clothes carefully before you leave for the airport. If you're meeting someone special at your destination and want to look your best then you can bring a change of clothes with you in your carry on bag and get changed just before your plane starts to descend.
A small bag I always like to carry a bag that is small enough to fit under the seat in front of me. I then sit beside the window, so that I am not disturbed throughout the flight, nor do I need to disturb anyone else. Having the small bag in front of me means that I don't have to get up and rummage around in the overhead compartments for anything I need.
Moisturiser (For the Men and the Ladies) My skin dries out terribly on flights, especially long-haul ones. This no doubt is due to the recycled air being pumped through the pressurised cabin. To keep myself fresh I like to apply moisturiser regularly throughout, meaning I don't look like I have been surfing on a bad day when I finally get off the plane.
I hope you like my top ten list for things you cannot fly without and that they make your flight a more pleasurable experience.
Matt Beswick loves to write and travel - the perfect combination when blogging on behalf of No.1 Traveller - a UK based company aiming to make travel easier and more enjoyable.
Article Source: Matt_IG_Beswick


 
Follow vnandcambodia on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment